Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Update and the "Curse"

So out of my three new mommies with breastfeeding misinformation, one has made it! My cousin, who was pumping and wanting to start offering formula, is apparently only breastfeeding now. Her baby has doubled in size, and everything is going great. One out of three doesn't sound that wonderful, but I was quite sure that none of them were going to make it as breastfeeders.

As for the "curse", I never liked that euphemism for a woman's period before, but I get it now. I finally had my first postpartum period since Grace was born. Since I am not planning on having any more biological children, it really sucked to think that I will experience that for one out of every four weeks for another twenty years! That's one of the hidden (and very welcome) benefits of breastfeeding for a normal amount of time. With my first, I got a period when she was 16 months old, my second was 22 months old, and my third was 21 months. That's a lot of period-free months!

Now I have to worry about things like timing and ovulation, but not for the happy reason of wanting a new baby. I do want another one, but through adoption, not a third c-section. I think it might be time for Daddy to visit his urologist....

No comments: