Friday, January 9, 2009

All In or Insane

I believe I have a choice to make. I know, I keep going on and on about pumping indefinitely. My pump has been determined to be incapable of doing the job I need it for, and this was by a mom who has lots of pumping experience. Here is my choice-buy a hospital grade (or close to it) double pump to pump more effectively and in a shorter amount of time or don't, and watch my supply dry up. It's all a gamble, as I've mentioned, because we have no real timetable for the adoption. Our social worker predicted between six and nine months, but said that it could take a year. Six months from when she made her prediction would be April. Of course, the right pregnant woman could walk into her office on Monday and choose us to parent her child! Do I make the investment in a good pump? Do I have the willpower to pump from now until next November if it takes that long? If I stick with my dinky pump, dry up, and get a call a week later, will I get over it?

I know that I'm analyzing this to death, but that's just me.

No comments: