- Wake up to the sound of two year old wheezing beside me in bed.
- Mix together steroid and two tubes of other asthma med because doctor doubled the dose after I refilled the original prescription.
- Convince two year old to sit on my lap for thirty minutes, breathing in the nebulized meds and watching cartoons (Miss Spider is a stupid show, even two year old got tired of it quickly).
- Make sure two year old gets enough water after treatment.
- Feed two year old breakfast.
- Instruct six and eight year olds to eat something for breakfast (Mom's not making anything this morning).
- Pour cup of coffee (I know, caffeine dehydrates and isn't great for someone trying to use a pump to maintain a milk supply, but I have allowed myself a vice).
- Settle down with coffee and breast pump for forty minutes.
I swear that between the drone of the nebulizer and the rhythmic beat of the breast pump, I am either going to go deaf or insane.