Thursday, October 30, 2008

Biggest Challenge Yet

I just went through the worst three breastfeeding days I've ever experienced...Every time my daughter latched on, I had the creepiest, crawl-out-of-my-skin, hormone-filled anger feeling. It was awful. It felt like she wasn't doing it right anymore. It also felt like there was no milk coming out. I felt a similar thing when I was nursing her brother and was newly pregnant with her, so I'm sure it is all hormone related. My period started yesterday, so I'll blame that for the hormones. Usually, my breasts are sore about a week before my period. That didn't happen this time; I just ended up with this nightmare feeling. It's been extremely upsetting because not only do I not plan to wean her cold-turkey, but I need a milk supply to make breastfeeding the adopted baby feasible. The pressure I was feeling during the past few days was horrible. It was like I couldn't even remember what normal nursing felt like, and I've been doing it for years!

Luckily, today is back to normal. Grace has actually nursed quite a bit; I think she's making up for the past few days. I hope this doesn't happen again next month.

No comments: